Re: [squid-users] RHELv6 install squid 3.2

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:36:30 +0200

Hey Михаил,

Well it seems like I guessed right.
Fedora has lower version which is a beta while mine is STABLE but both
has the same source spec file to create the RPMs.

There is a distance between RH updates to squid requirements.
the first thing to do is to check if the specified files are attending
on the OS.
Maybe perl has another location for it in the RH system.

if all of these files:
/bin/perl
libdb-4.8.so
libc.so.6
libstdc++.so.6
libecap.so.2

Or equivalent exists on the system the next thing to do is make sure
that YUM recognizes them.

if the only limitation is "systemd-units" it will be possible to install
squid without it and use the "--skip-broken" flag to ignore it.
The init.d script that will be needed is something else and we can
bundle it in the RPM.

If there is a system equivalent to RH 6 such as centos 6.X then I will
be happy to later this month compile the RPM to support them.
I am not declaring maintenance on them but I believe it wont be a
problem for me since it's very simple.

if you can get me RH srpm package for squid 3.1 I can convert it to work
with 3.2 easily and make sure it will run for you.

I know that there are search engines that does look-up on rpm packages
content and they will help you find the correct packages you should
install to get all these dependencies.

You dont have libecap and libnetfilter_conntrack.so which you should have.

Just curios do you need any specific helper to be bundled in squid?
I was wondering if it will be good to compile a "light" RPM of squid
without all the helpers.

Regards,
Eliezer

--