Re: [squid-users] Rate limiting inbound requests in squid conf

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 14:22:30 +0200

Hey Sekar,

Basic IPTABLES setup should be able to do that for you.
it's better to do it in IPTABLES level then doing it in the upper level
of the application such as squid.
It will allow the request to be rejected\close properly in the network
level while what squid will prefer or will send error page instead of
the content which I dont really like.

If you are willing to sacrifice some performance you can use
external_acl to count the requests per sec per ip and to allow or deny
by that the request and present to the client a deny_info.

Regards,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru