Re: [squid-users] ROCK store and UFS (Squid 3.2.3)

From: Horacio H. <pokehorace_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:07:06 -0600

Hi,

Amos, thanks for your reply. I'll test the patch and use
memory_cache_shared set to OFF.

Sorry, I was wrong. Objects bigger than maximum_object_size_in_memory
are not cached on disk. Although objects smaller than
maximum_object_size_in_memory but bigger than 32KB were written to
disk, I guess they got a HIT because Squid keeps a copy in memory of
hot and in-transit objects. That explains why the UFS store was
"ignored" when Squid was restarted.

Thanks.