Re: [squid-users] Squid3 extremely slow for some website cnn.com

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 00:30:12 +1300

On 3/12/2012 9:12 p.m., Muhammed Shehata wrote:
>> Dear Amos,
>> I have serious problem after upgrading to Squid3 it response
>> extremely slow to some specific websites(www.cnn.com,
>> www.brighttalk.com)
>> I've tried squid-3.0.STABLE20,3.1.20,3.1.21,3.2.1 and all of
>> them have the same slowness problem however this issue didn't happen
>> in squid2.6 with the same configuration and accessing the same websites
>> some guys suggested dns resolving issue but it's not, the
>> problem is squid send (FIN,ACK) message to the website in the middle
>> of loading and h

I notice brighttalk is an HTTPS site, so the issue there is likely to be
bug 3659 which was resolved in 3.2.4.

CNN problem is not obvious. It has a great many objects in its pages,
all of which have ETag and Vary problems which could do some very
strange things to the responses. Since it is HTTP site only there is no
reason Squid should be sending (FIN,ACK).

Amos