[squid-users] checking for 'real' SSL connections

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:36:44 -0200

     Hi,

     Is it possible, with any version of squid, to identify REAL SSL
connections using CONNECT method ? The idea is blocking some softwares
thattunnel connections, through squid and on 443 ports, but are not real
SSL connections, like Skype and other P2P softwares.

     I would like to be able to identify (and block) those on squid and,
ideally, without having to install certificates on the clients.

     I searched and found HOWTOs on how to get squid doing SSL
Inspection, enabling URL filtering on SSL requests, but that demands
installing client certificates. I really dont need to be able to
acchieve that, simply being able to identify real and 'not SSL'
connections would be enough to me.

Is that possible with any current squid ?Thanks for the tips !

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues