[squid-users] question about squid with cache_peer/cache_peer_domain problem (maybe not related to squid)

From: Rene Stoutjesdijk <r.stoutjesdijk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 16:12:47 +0100

good day,
i'm a newbie to squid and setting up proxies.

Maybe my problem isn't related to squid but to something else.

What i'm trying to achieve is that my pc is contacting my uplink squid
server. This uplink squid server is contacting another (second) squid
server based upon domain selection to get in contact with the
webserver.
So far so good so good, this seems to be working fine for "normal HTTP
access", i can have access to the webserver to see the html page (the
default "it works" from apache2), but as soon as i want lo login into
the phpmyadmin engne on this webserver it isn't working. I do see the
startup screen for phpmyadmin, but i can't login and don't see an
error code or whatever.
When i do look with wireshark i do see a 303 other message after the
POST message is sent.(with location to the webserver url and with
cache miss directives (or whatever it's being named).

When i reconfigure my pc to use the second squid directly (and not the
one mentioned above which is doing the cache_peer_domain thingy) then
it works and i do get a 302 message when logging in (so after the POST
message is sent).

what could be wrong in this setup? the apache is configured completely
default as also is phpmyadmin

any help is appreciated

wkr