[squid-users] 3.2 Log Rotate Problem

From: dweimer <dweimer_at_dweimer.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 16:19:27 -0600

I have ran into an issue using squid -k rotate with 3.2.4 on FreeBSD,
the issue is happening on all 4 server servers I have upgraded from 3.1
to 3.2 one is running FreeBSD-9.1 and the others running FreeBSD-9.0,
all of them installed from the FreeBSD port. In all cases the cache.log
rotates just fine, however the access.log file only keeps one old file.
If left at the default of 10, you get access.log and access.log.9, if
you change the option in the config with either logfile_rotate N, or
debug_options rotate=N then you get access.log and access.log.N-1, there
is no access.local.0,1,2...,N-1.

Is anyone else having this issue? Any ideas what to check to track
down the problem?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer