[squid-users] RE: Memory leak in 3.2.5

From: carteriii <web_s_at_tcarter.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 07:02:02 -0800 (PST)

> See the cache manager "memory" report to get details of what allocation
> types the memPools are tracking.

I believe the cache manager memory report (accessed via
http://localhost:3128/squid-internal-mgr/mem) is what gave me the
information I posted about the "32K Buffer" and "16K Buffer" consuming a gig
of RAM, but the descriptions ("32K Buffer" and "16K Buffer") are so generic
I wasn't sure what to do. I've searched for a description of them but
haven't found one. How/Where can I learn more about what it means to be a
"32K Buffer" or "16K Buffer"?

Separately, I found a recent thread about a memory leak in squid due to
running an ecap adapter
(https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+question/209483) and I am running an
ecap adapter. I ran some simple tests last night with my ecap adapter
disabled and this morning I do not see the memory leak this morning!
Additionally the "32K Buffer" and "16K Buffer" entries are no longer the top
items in the memory report, so perhaps those buffers are directly related to
eCap???

I am currently running 3.2.3 and I see a release note from 3.2.5 saying,
"ICAP server connection leaks have been resolved." Is there any chance that
ICAP fix would show itself with eCap? I feel that I need to upgrade to
3.2.5 and test again just in case that solves the problem. I would
appreciate it if anyone would at least give a quick read of the eCap memory
leak issue (https://answers.launchpad.net/ecap/+question/209483) since the
discussion so far seems to indicate the leak may be on the side of squid
(rather than in the ecap library).

Once I do more testing, I'll start a new thread since the cause of my
situation now appears to be different than that discussed in this thread.