Re: [squid-users] tcp_outgoing_tos doesn't work in 3.2?

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 02:49:04 +0000

On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 18:13 -0800, Nick Rogers wrote:
> I was able to come up with a patch that works in my environment by
> looking at some of the changes between 3.1 and 3.2. It seems that
> sizeof(tos_t) does not result in a valid setsockopt() argument,
> whereas sizeof(int) that was used in 3.1.x does.

Thanks for that. I vaguely remember making that change when creating the
v3.2 patch set, probably for no reason other than tidying up the code.
I'll have a closer look in the next couple of weeks, unless anyone else
does before then.

> Also FWIW the Ip::Qos::setSockNfmark() function that is below this and
> similar to the TOS code might have the same problem?

That function is only applicable on Linux and definitely works as I use
it regularly :)

> Hoping someone that can do something about it reads this. Thanks!

Thank you.

Andy