[squid-users] Squid Reverse - Add custom header

From: captchrisd <chris_at_rosepointnav.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 09:04:24 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to run many HTTP and HTTPS website behind a Squid Reverse Proxy.
But it is not acceptable to run the site in HTTPS only, so I need to
redirect to HTTPS on occasion. But my backend web server does not know the
request was made in HTTPS due to the reverse proxy.

I need to be able to add a custom header the the request as it passes
through the reverse proxy. I want to add X-FORWARDED-SSL header to each
request that came in as HTTPS before it is forwarded to the correct
webserver.

I have seen some discussion about header_replace but that doesn't seem
appropriate as I need to ADD the header, but only if the request came in as
HTTPS.

Could someone please help me with how the squid.conf file should be crafted
to do this? Or is it not possible?

Thanks in advance