Re: [squid-users] Implementing SslBump using Bump-Server-First in Transparent mode using squid-3.HEAD-20121231-r12554

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 01:33:52 +0200

Hey,

 From this basic snippet of the email I can tell you:
1. using DNAT is wrong anyway for intercept proxy.
2. specifically for SSL-BUMP it's ^^^ the cause of most of your problems.

Since SSL-BUMP tries to to bump server first it should be able to knwo
what server to bump while using DNAT you replace the dst IP + PORT with
the proxy IP which makes it's impossible to "bump server first".

Use either REDIRECT or TPROXY instead to allow SSL-BUMP + server fisrt.

Eliezer