Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.2.6 is available

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 13:11:38 +1300

On 11/01/2013 2:36 a.m., Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
> Hi Amos and others,
>
> On 10/01/13 09:57, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> The Squid HTTP Proxy team is very pleased to announce the availability
>> of the Squid-3.2.6 release!
>
> <snip>
>
> Will Developers, maintainers and announcers please only send new
> software announcements to the squid-announce mailing list!

No, sorry. squid-announce is for those who want ONLY these
announcements. squid-users is for general community notification. The
two groups of people do not necessarily overlap. We publish here, in the
website and in several places on IRC.

squid-users is also the only avenue allowing public feedback on the
initial posting. As you can see from this thread your feedback, and
several others with what they deem important information about the
release are published here in squid-users.

> Including both the squid announce and squid-users email address in the
> To: field does not currently work as the email is never delivered to
> squid-announce i.e. no email has been received with a subject that
> starts with [squid-announce].

This does sound like a problem. I'm testing now to see where it is
happening.
If you get either of the Test1/Test2 messages I just posted through
squid-announce please let me know.