[squid-users] Squid 3.2, Fedora, Reverse SSL Crashes Squid Every Time....

From: Scott Surovich <ebay_at_disneyhq.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 21:18:17 -0500

I have Squid 3.2 on Fedora running well for port 80 Sites and a few
443 sites. I have one 443 site that breaks Squid like clockwork -
Every time, the only difference is how long does it take. It can
crash Squid at the authentication of the site, or I can at least get
in to see my servers. At that point, I have never managed to get any
further.

The site I am trying to reverse proxy if the Virtual Center 5.1 Web
Client Server. Nothing major on it - the most unique portion is it
uses flash for most of the site. I am using wildcard certificates and
my other 443 site is fine (mostly static content).

Once it crashes, Squid stops taking any requests (nothing new in logs)
and everything times out. If I restart Squid, It will work until I
try the Virtual Center Website Again.

Has anyone seen this? What log files can I get to help me (and anyone
else, please) figure this out? I replicated this same issue on Squid
3.1 running on CentOS - That's why I went Fedora and Squid 3.2,
hoping it would fix the issue.

Any help would be very appreciated

Thanks!
Scott