Re: [squid-users] CLOSE_WAIT

From: Steve Hill <steve_at_opendium.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:31:12 +0000

On 11.01.13 00:06, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> So it seems apparent that after Squid delivers the clear-text
>> response, it abandons the socket but never closes it. From looking in
>> the source, this is client_side.cc, and it has a comment:
>> // XXX: Can this happen? CONNECT tunnels have deferredRequest set.
>> It looks to me as if the (conn->flags.readMore) section above should
>> be the bit being executed, although I don't quite understand deferred
>> requests. In either case, it seems like we should close the socket if
>> it ever gets abandoned?

Calling conn->clientConnection->close() from else part where the
connection is abandoned seems the right thing to do. Is there any
situation where closing the connection when it is abandoned is the wrong
thing to do?

However, since the CONNECT and the response were both served with a
"Connection: keep-alive" header, it seems that readMore should really be
true at this point anyway. clientProcessRequest() explicitly sets
readMore = false for CONNECT requests, so I don't understand how Squid
handles keep-alive CONNECT tunnels?

--
  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director