[squid-users] Reverse Proxy Funny Logging Issue

From: dweimer <dweimer_at_dweimer.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:34:00 -0600

I just upgraded my reverse proxy server last night from 3.1.20 to
3.2.6, all is working well except one of my log rules, and I can't
figure out why.

I have a several sites behind the server, with dstdomain access rules
setup.

acl website1 dstdomain www.website1.com
acl website2 dstdomain www.website2.com
acl website2 dstdomain www.website3.com

Followed by the access rules

http_access allow website1
http_access allow website2
http_access allow website3
http_access deny all

Some are using rewrites
url_rewrite_program /usr/local/etc/squid/url_rewrite.py
url_rewrite_children 20
url_rewrite_access allow website1
url_rewrite_access allow website3
url_rewrite_access deny all

Then my access logs

# First I grab everything in one
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid all

# Then individual logs for each webiste, to be parsed with webalizer
logformat combined %>a %ui %un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %>Hs %<st
"%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" %Ss:%Sh
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website1.log combined website1
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website2.log combined website2
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website3.log combined website3

everything works, write down to one of the access logs, the data shows
up in the access.log file, the data shows up in the individual logs for
all the others, except that one. If we use website3 from the above
example like my actual file the access rule works on the
url_rewrite_access allow line, but for some reason is failing on the log
line. squid -k parse doesn't show any errors, and shows a Processing:
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/website3.log combined website3 line in
the output.

The log in question was originally at the end of my access_log list
section, so I changed the order around to see if for some reason it was
only the last one not working, no change still only that one not
working, And the new last one in the list still works as expected.

I know the ACL is working as it works correctly on the rewrite rule and
the http access just above the log rules, anyone have any ideas on how I
can figure out why the log entry isn't working?

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer