Re: [squid-users] Hello, can 'squidclient' check if a file is cached in the squid?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:01:21 +1300

On 22/01/2013 10:30 p.m., He, Qingsheng 2 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> But I have tried that with below command:
> #Squidclient -t 1 -h <SquidServerDNS> -p 80 $url
> It return 'X-Cache: MISS from localhost'.
>
> But actually the url file has been cached in the squid server.
> Is there something wrong with my usage?

Maybe yes, maybe no.

HTTP has gone long way past the point where 1 URL meant 1 object. These
days there can be up to millions of different Vary: versions of
object(s) for each URL. Or maybe Squid had it cached, but was unable to
use the cached version for some other reason. These are also why ICP
which only tests the URL can be HIT and an actual fetch can be a MISS.

Are you able to supply the URL, or at least the entire (unedited) reply
headers reported by squidclient?

Amos