[squid-users] Re: Squid 3.2.6 & hot object cache

From: RW <rwmaillists_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 23:58:32 +0000

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 07:51:08 +0100
Loïc BLOT wrote:

> Yes, but i'm not satisfied of performances. FFS is too slow for high
> used squid and the performance gain is visible.
> It's right i use redundant cache under memory, but it's only a 4Gbit
> cache (then 8Gbit).

AFAIK they're exclusive caches.

> Maybe it will be useful to remove disk_cache, but is this possible ?

It is, and unless you stop and start the daemon a lot, that's probably
better than what you're doing at the moment.

Also once you've transferred the mfs memory to squid, you *may* be able
to add a real disk cache because of the reduced load on the disk. I'd
try starting with a small diskd cache just to see if ffs can cope
with the base load of objects evicted from the memory cache.