Re: [squid-users] How to use Users and Groups Interface?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:01:09 +1300

On 31/01/2013 6:25 p.m., RODEL BANEZ wrote:
> Good day! I am using authentication proxy server. Everyone need to
> have an account to be able to use the internet. I am using htpasswd
> /etc/squid.passwd user to add an acount and the account will be save
> to passwd file that i created.
>
> I saw the Graphical Internet of Linux to adduser inside the windows
> using Users and Groups system under the System- Administration - Users
> and Groups.
>
> Is it possible for me to use that system to adduser instead of using
> .htpasswd command? If yes what should I change in this line?
>
> auth_param basic program /usr/lib/squid/ncsa_auth /etc/squid/passwd
> auth_param basic children 5
> auth_param basic realm Ask your System Administrator:
> auth_param basic credentialsttl 2 hours
> auth_param basic casesensitive on
> #MASAMA SA KATAWAN 111
> acl ncsa_users proxy_auth REQUIRED

Your "auth_param basic program" line needs to change from NCSA
authentication to Unix authentication.

Documentatin for the authentication helper is here:
  http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.2/manuals/basic_getpwnam_auth.html

NP: The binary packaged with older squid versions is just "getpwname_auth".

Amos