[squid-users] Re: Splitting objects by size into different cache_dir not working for me

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:33:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am just starting to test with rock. And it could be, I have just the
opposit effect: Only UFS is used, rock not, using default of 512Kb righ now.
However, will do more testing tomorrow,
but I am a bit suspicious regarding this line in your squid.conf:
maximum_object_size_in_memory 8 KB

May be ONLY objects <=8kb are cached at all. And larger ones are never
cached.
Then your effect would be explanable: Always rock is used.

Worth to give it a try and use something like
maximum_object_size_in_memory 64 KB