[squid-users] a log check script for Squid

From: jeffrey j donovan <donovan_at_beth.k12.pa.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 20:52:28 -0500

greetings

I was gathering some log info on several squid boxes and I wrote this little tool to quickly gather access time and ip information. It's just a group of log reading tasks.
basically it reads access.log displays current time, and you can search the logs for a particular Ip address. Those results can be delivered to a remote folder via scp.

it's not very elegant , it's actually pretty crude and some lines may not be complete. but I thought I should share this with others and maybe someone could use it or build off of it and make something better.
it worked with OSX and Ubuntu

modify whatever, default Paths were followed.
One folder may need to be created ../squid/var/logs/tmp. This is just to keep the oranges away from the tomatoes:, unless you like tormagetoes.

hope this is useful to someone
-j