[squid-users] Not routing from tproxy to internet

From: Paris Charalampou <pchara_at_cn.ntua.gr>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:02:34 +0200

Hi,

I have the following problem while trying to setup a squid in tproxy
mode for a centralized solution. Our topology is:

client -> R1 -> squid -> R1 -> Internet

Note that server uses a public ip address which is the same for incoming
and outgoing connections
I am using squid 3.2.6 [tried3.2.7 without luck] in Debian Wheezy with
linux kernel 3.2 and iptables 1.4.14

Squid.conf

--
workers 1
debug_options ALL,4
client_db off
http_port 80 tproxy
http_port 8080
icp_port  0
iptables
---
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -N DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j MARK --set-mark 1
iptables -t mangle -A DIVERT -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -s <server_ip_address> -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i lo -j ACCEPT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp -m socket -j DIVERT
iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 -j TPROXY
--tproxy-mark 0x1/0x1 --on-ip 127.0.0.1 --on-port 80
Do I have to use WCCP on the router standing between theproxy andthe
internet?? I cannot route the packets from the proxy tothe edge router
while I can see incoming http packets from the clients. All incoming
connection timeout while waiting for the reply from destination server