AW: [squid-users] AW: any chance to optimize squid3?

From: Fuhrmann, Marcel <Marcel.Fuhrmann_at_lux.ag>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 10:22:28 +0000

Hello,

at the moment some users are using my new proxy (with kerberos auth instead of NTLM). There is just one unlikely thing yet. First time browser starts (start page google) it takes several seconds till google page is loaded. When I continue browsing to another page, this delay isn't noticeable. I suspect It has to do with the initial authentication. Is this normal or can I adjust some config?

This is my config for Kerberos:
auth_param negotiate program /usr/lib64/squid/squid_kerb_auth
auth_param negotiate children 10
auth_param negotiate keep_alive on

Thanks for helping me.