Re: AW: AW: [squid-users] Re: dns_v4_first on ignored?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 14:28:11 +0200

My repo indeed.

I dont have full IPV6 stack here but IPV6 enabled due to the necessity.
It's kind of a global settings which seems to be working for almost anyone.
If you do ask me I would deal with it on the DNS level rather then squid.
Also take in account that there are dns which has only AAAA record for a
domain.

If you do have specific site that does that I would consider debugging
the problem deeper to make sure the reason is not a bug.

Notice that dns_v4_first may be not ignored but rather cannot be used.

BIND dns can be started with "-4" option to help you.
just add a dns cache server to the squid instance to help it.
There are other less robust forwarders which can be used only for this
purpose but BIND is a very good choice.

Try first and let us know how it works for you.

Eliezer

P.S. you need to configure BIND to use only forwarders and point it to
the local shared dns server to the clients.

--
Eliezer Croitoru
http://www1.ngtech.co.il