Re: AW: AW: AW: [squid-users] Re: dns_v4_first on ignored?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 01:17:13 +0200

I gave you an option to install on the squid server a BIND cache server
wasn't talking about your main DNS server.
Note the you can always use a secondary dns instance to serve this
purpose to filter aaaa responses.

On 2/11/2013 2:48 PM, Sandrini Christian (xsnd) wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I can't really mess around with our main DNS servers.
>
> On our 3.1 squids we just disabled ipv6 module which does not sound right to me but works fine.
I suggest to not disable v6 and work with it if you can.

> What we see is
>
> 2013/01/30 09:52:00.296| idnsGrokReply: www2.zhlex.zh.ch AAAA query failed. Trying A now instead.
>
> We do not need any ipv6 support. I'd rather have a way to tell squid to look first for an A record.

Please take your time to file a bug-report in the bugzilla:
http://bugs.squid-cache.org

describe the problem and add any logs you can into the report to help
the development team track and fix it.
It seems like a *big* issue to me since this points about dns_v4_first
failure.

Try to use the BIND solution I am using.

I have been logging my dns server and it seems like squid 3.HEAD tries
to resolve A before AAAA but tries to resolve AAAA after A record.

You can try to remove manually ipv6 address from lo and other devices to
make sure there is no v6 address initialized by centos scripts.

In my testing server the system starts with lo adapter
           inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
and also on another devices with a local auto v6 address.
so remove them and try restarting squid service to see what is going on.

Regards,

--
Eliezer Croitoru
http://www1.ngtech.co.il