Re: [squid-users] Is squi 3.3.1 stable released?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 00:53:28 +1300

On 13/02/2013 12:05 a.m., Amm wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am seeing squid 3.3.1 released on 9th Feb 2013, mentioned under Stable versions at:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/
>
> Where it is also mentioned that:
> Current versions suitable for production use.
>
> But when I see release notes for 3.3.1, its written that:
> While this release is not deemed ready for production use, we believe it is ready for wider testing by the community.
>
> Also I have not seen any official announcement here in mailing list. Sorry if I missed it.
>
> So please clarify if squid 3.3.1 is released as stable and production use, or not?

Yes it is packaged now as production-ready so far as we know. At least
as much and slightly more so than 3.2 series.

The announcement is delayed a few days to allow for
packaging/documentation problem detection. Like the text you spotted,
thanks, looks like that change was omitted in 3.2 series as well.

Amos