[squid-users] ipv6 support for 3.1.16

From: anita <anita.sivakumar_at_wipro.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 02:47:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am using squid version 3.1.16 on a red hat linux OS.
From the release notes, I do find that there is ipv6 support from 3.1.1
release.

What I need to know is:
1. the option to specify dns_nameservers : can this directive hold ipv6
address and ipv4 address at the same time - that is if I have one directive
for each address in the same squid.conf?

2. I understand if i simply specify a port number for http_port, it should
give me support for both ipv4 & 6 automatically.

3. I would need to configure my eth0 interface (in the machine where I
running my squid) to have both ipv4 & ipv6 addresses. In this case, should I
restart the squid? Or rather should squid be restarted everytime the eth
interface is reconfigured? is it necessary? According to my understanding,
only any config settings would need a reconfiguration. Please correct me.

Thanks in advance.

-Anita