Re: [squid-users] Netflix+squid

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 17:35:37 +1300

On 15/02/2013 1:24 p.m., mbaki_at_whywire.com wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> A friend of mine has a company outside
> the U.S, and
> wants to provide Netflix to his customers.
> Since I can setup a proxy here
> for him and have his
> clients use my proxy to access netflix, is there any
> other solution that can optimize it even better.

Better than what? you have not provided any information on what
configuration settings you are using, we cannot tell whether you
configured it for good performance or not.

> Can you
> cache the videos
> by the way?

Unknown. You will want to look into the cached object size limits
(default maximum_object_size directive is probably too small for large
videos). then look into whether the videos are actually cacheable. Paste
one of their URLs into redbot.org for info on that.

Amos