Re: [squid-users] Squid does not respond to TCP SYN when there are thousands of connection

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 22:32:24 +1300

On 15/02/2013 10:12 p.m., dahanhsi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I use squid as a reverse proxy, and make thousands of connection to the it.
Which version of Squid?

What do you mean by "thousands of connections". 1's of tousands? 10's
of thousands? 100's of thousands?

> There are one ten of all connections can not establish in TCP layer,
> because squid does not respond SYN-ACK to client's SYN packet. How can
> I solve it?
> Thanks

Check ulimit settings for Squid?

Check your cache.log for messages about running out of filedescriptors?

Once you find out what the cause is you an find out what to do about it.

Amos