[squid-users] support for smp-related macros in squid.conf?

From: Linda W <squid-user_at_tlinx.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:42:08 -0800

It wasn't clear until I tried it, but it seems that the
new smp-related macros that yield names like
squid1, squid2 or cache1, or give the process numbers
1, 2, ...

Don't work in squid.conf.

It did't get a chance to try it, as the syntax
of specifying conditionals is completely unspecified, and
(I was too tired to randomly peck at possibilities as
I sometimes do), but maybe they only work in
the expression that is the CONDITIONAL for an
'if'?

Is it intended that those macros be supported in any
expression?

I tried it in "cache dir" and was less than successful

i.e.
cache_dir aufs /var/cache/squid${process_number} 655360 64 64

on startup it complained about squid${process_number} not existing
or being an illegal file name (forget which).

I DID precreate them (duplicated existing contents in main cache).