Re: [squid-users] Microsoft.com issue

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:19:27 +1300

On 20/02/2013 8:19 p.m., Sokvantha YOUK wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> My squid server version 3.3.1-20130219-r12498 runs on Centos 6.3 x64
> bits. The server runs with SMP enabled with 3 workers.
>
> Most of the time when I type microsoft.com in Chrome, Firefox browser,
> I got following error message:
>
> " Your current User-Agent string appears to be from an automated
> process, if this is incorrect, please click this link:United States
> English Microsoft Homepage "
>
> May you suggest me what could be the problem? How do I fix it?

I have not seen that one in a long time. They are browser sniffing which
is a problem in itself with a high inaccuracy, but may be affected by
what you configure Squid to do.

If Squid is removing the User-Agent string, or replacing it with
something that looks like a non-browser you will see this. Check your
request_header_access and request_header_replace rules.

If you can't find anything in squid.conf playing with the User-Agent
header it could be the webserver or browser themselves being broken.

You can get a trace of the headers they are transmitting and receiving
through Squid with debug_options 11,2.

Amos