Re: [squid-users] localhost multicast

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 21:09:17 +1300

On 6/03/2013 8:20 p.m., jiluspo wrote:
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/udp_incoming_address/ was been buggy
> and been around in ubuntu bug report.
>
> udp_incoming_address doesn't work.

The only bug I see in Ubuntu about that directive is that it causes DNS
packets to go to the address configured.
Which is exactly the designed behaviour. Like I said it affects DNS as
well as ICP so you need a recursive resolver / relay listening on
localhost:53 and sending out where they should go.

> Although it shows in cache.log
> 2013/03/06 02:05:59| Accepting ICP messages at 127.0.0.1, port 3130, FD 13.
>
> Squid2 been deprecated so this will be hanging around. I'll debug them later
> but for now I'll just off to multicast and use 2 instance peering.

K.