Re: [squid-users] CLOSE_WAIT

From: Steve Hill <steve_at_opendium.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:42:14 +0000

On 23.01.13 05:12, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> IIRC we tried that but it resulted in early cloure of CONNECT tunnels
> and a few other bad side effects on the tunnelled traffic.
> Due to the way tunnel.cc and client_side.cc code interacts (badly) the
> client-side code cannot know whether the tunnel is still operating or
> has data buffered when it gets to the point of emitting that message.

Revisiting this problem, I can't see why keepaliveNextRequest() would be
getting called after a successful CONNECT.

As far as I can tell, client_side_request.cc calls tunnelStart(), and
then does nothing else with the connection. If we can't connect to the
remote host for whatever reason, tunnel.cc calls errorSend() and all the
code paths seem to lead to the socket being closed; if we can connect
then the socket then I don't think client_side_request.cc touches it again.

--
  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director