Re: [squid-users] Squid does not respond to TCP SYN when there are thousands of connection

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 10:01:39 +1300

On 8/03/2013 3:25 a.m., dahanhsi wrote:
> hi all,
> in Squid 2.7, should --with-maxfd not be necessary if I set the
> max_filedescriptors?
>
> thanks

The build-time --with option sets the default value for the
configuration file directive.
If the --with option is not provided the compiler will set a low number
usually 1K-4K based on the build machine settings.

PS. Please seriously consider upgrading to a current stable (today that
is 3.3.2). We are not even porting security vulnerability fixes back to
2.7 any more.

Amos