Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.3.2 SMP Problem

From: Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 10:16:41 -0600

This is Mac OS X v10.8.2.

Yeah, I'm having all sorts of problems with shared memory.

I've essentially taken my stock squid config, added some macros for
SMP support and given it a shot.
Kudos to the squid team for making the configuration piece so easy,
when I comment out the SMP directives it works great.

With "memory_cache_shared on", I get the error I reported last e-mail.
With "memory_cache_shared off", I get a different error where the
child processes are unable to register with the coordinator process.

I've also tried tweaking my settings for shared memory via sysctl.
Nothing seems to help.

Maybe there's some bizarre Mac-specific command I have to issue to
enable shared memory support?
If so, I haven't found it yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

And yes, I want my squid to cache. This particular install is still
just a personal cache to make web browsing faster.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Alex Rousskov
<rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com> wrote:
> On 03/08/2013 01:14 PM, Adam W. Dace wrote:
>
>> However, once I add the "workers" directive, I get the following error:
>>
>> FATAL: Ipc::Mem::Segment::create failed to
>> shm_open(/squid-cache_mem.shm): (22) Invalid argument
>>
>> Squid Cache (Version 3.3.2): Terminated abnormally.
>>
>> Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?
>
> There is something wrong or incompatible about shared memory support on
> your server. What OS are you using? Do you want your Squid to cache?
>
> Alex.

Adam W. Dace <colonelforbin74_at_gmail.com>
Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74_at_live.com
Google Profile: http://www.google.com/profiles/ColonelForbin74