[squid-users] infos for outlook anywhere - linux frontend server for exchange

From: Clem <clemfree_at_free.fr>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 13:32:42 +0100

Hello,

I$B!G(Bm coming back to you, just to tell you I$B!G(Bve found a squid alternative
for a linux frontend server, in front of exchange 2007 or 2010 CAS server.
It works with owa, activesync and outlook anywhere in ntlm, and it$B!G(Bs free.

I was never able to make squid working for that configuration, in fact all
was working except RPC over https, or outlook anywhere in NTLM auth, so I
gave up with squid.

Recently I check if someone found a solution, and I found this page :
http://www.stevieg.org/e2010haproxy/

I try it, and that works like a charm, I don$B!G(Bt know exactly how it works,
it$B!G(Bs load balancing mode, you even not need to install certificates of
exchange server, it relays all request directly to exchange. And I exactly
wanted this !

[INTERNET] $B"+"*(B [HAPROXY PRE-CONFIGURED VM - IN DMZ] $B"+"*(B [EXCHANGE SERVER -
IN LAN]

Hope that can help.

I$B!G(Bll get out of this mailing list now, squid is a very good program, thanks
for all you did and help for my researches.

Kind regards

Clem