Re: [squid-users] wccp2 does not working

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 08:44:28 -0600

On 03/20/2013 12:58 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> I am suspecting the problem is related to the WCCP default of waiting
> until all caches are loaded before starting to advertise HERE_I_AM.
> Scanning 1.4 TB of disk is going to take a while. Sokvantha YOUK was
> waiting _only_ about ten minutes for WCCP packets.

I see. This behavior sounds like a Squid bug to me: By default, Squid
should advertise its presence when it is ready to service requests, not
when it is done loading the cache index. In [rare] situations where the
cache index is required, there is a "foreground rebuild" option (IIRC)
that should be taken into account when fixing this.

> With the "fixed" config the AUFS disk cache is isolated into a worker
> separate from the rock stores. This introduces a few new factors:
<snip>

Agreed. However, since that config is wrong, we should probably ignore
its side-effects especially if we can now explain them.

Thank you,

Alex.