Re: [squid-users] ssl-bump, server-first

From: Delton <delton_at_bnpapel.com.br>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:46:01 -0300

Em 20/03/2013 14:45, Alex Rousskov escreveu:

>>> The above looks correct to me: Squid knew that the connection should be
>>> denied, responded with 200 OK to the CONNECT request, bumped the
>>> connection, received the first bumped GET request, and sent the error
>>> message.
>>>
>>> Does browser show any signs that it is expecting more of the Squid error
>>> message (e.g., spinning browser logo or some such)? Or does it look like
>>> the browser is 100% happy? Is there an established TCP connection from
>>> browser to Squid after the above Squid error message is displayed for a
>>> few seconds?
>> I used TCPView to see the connections:
>> In the first time Squid shows the message 'Access denied' and a
>> connection between the client and the server stands established.
> In the previous email you said that "the conection continues until the
> server sends FIN, ACK". I wonder whether that connection was the
> Squid-server connection and now you are describing the browser-Squid
> connection? Is the summary below accurate?
>
> 1. Browser connects and sends plain CONNECT to Squid.
> 2. Squid connects to the origin server using TLSv1.
> 3. Squid sends 200 OK to the browser.
> 4. Browser sends a GET request to Squid.
> 5. Squid sends an error page to the browser.
> 6. Some time passes.
> 7. You press F5.
> 8. Somebody closes the browser-Squid connection.
> 9. Browser says "Proxy refused the connection".
I rearranged the steps as I understand that happen:

1. Client connects and sends plain CONNECT to Squid;
2. Squid sends 200 OK to the client;
3. Client sends 'Client Hello' to Squid by the TLSv1;
4. Squid sends 'Server Hello to the client by the TLSv1;
5. Squid and client exchange data. I think that the connection is
encrypted, can not see what Squid sent to the client. I think right now
the message 'Access denied' is displayed on the client.
6. Squid sends FIN, ACK to the client;
7. Passing a maximum of 2 seconds.
8. I press F5.
9. Client connects and sends plain CONNECT to Squid;
10. Squid sends 200 OK to the client;
11. Client sends 'Client Hello' to Squid by the SSL;
12. Squid sends RST, ACK to the client.
13. Client show "Proxy refused the connection".

>> If I press F5 to refresh the browser, the established connection is
>> closed and the browser show 'Proxy refused the connection'.
> Questions:
>
> a) Which side initiated browser-Squid connection closure in #8?
I think squid.
> b) When did the Squid-origin server connection close?
In fact at no time I saw the squid connection to an external server