[squid-users] squid/SMP

From: Eugene M. Zheganin <emz_at_norma.perm.ru>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 16:52:50 +0600

Hi.

I'm using squid 3.2.6 on a FreeBSD and today I tried to use it's SMP
feature. I've added 'workers 2' in it's configuration file, checked the
permission on localstatedir and ran it.
I got on start

FATAL: kid2 registration timed out

and then looks like coordinator started to try to restart kids, but
unsuccessfully. Obviously, no client requests were served at that time.
I checked the localstatedir and saw 3 sockets, one from coordinator and
two from kids - so I'm sure permissions are ok.

What can I do to debug this feature ?
I understand 3.2.x is no longer supported and I need to use 3.3.x, but
right now I'm stuck to FreeBSD ports on my production, and there's no
3.3.[ in it yet; will try to build 3.3.[ realease on a test machine.

Thanks.
Eugene.