Re: [squid-users] Eliminate PopUP authentication for web Windows Users

From: Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas_at_solutti.com.br>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:18:29 -0300

     basic authentication type will always prompt for username/password,
there's nothing wrong with it and no way to avoid it nor 'fix' it as
there's nothing wrong at all

     if your users are authenticated in your domain and you want squid
do 'automagically' use those credentials for web surfing, then you'll
have to change your authentication type to ntlm or digest or negotiate.

     i have LOTS of squid boxes authenticanting on ADs using ntlm
authentication type. It's a lot more complicated to configure than basic
type but, once configured, it works just fine and simply.

--
	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues