[squid-users] squid 3.2 and error_map equivalent

From: Martin Sperl <Martin.Sperl_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 15:57:54 +0000

Hi!

Is there an equivalent for the squid 2.X error_map functionality?

Depending on context we would need to provide different error messages and text customizations.

The error_map config would have been an ideal match for my requirements - a small apache with mod_rewrite could easily get "abused" for that (including a policy framework which pages to deliver for which portion of the reverse-proxy URL, which virtual host does get accessed,...)

Is there any different means to do that in an elegant manner that does not require icap or similar?

Thanks,
                                Martin