Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Hye I have some problems with my cache

From: John Joseph <jjk_saji_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:42:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Amos I mistook the definition of cache_swap. I was trying to find a solution in which I do not want my cache server to chache any objects which has been accessed 'n' no of days back So that I save the cache objects which are the latest, and indirecly save space [ I am not sure this is a better way or the correct way] Sorry previous post I was not able to put the question in a proper way Your reply  is appreiciated Thanks Joseph John ----- Original Message ----- From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org Cc: Sent: Monday, 25 March 2013 3:40 PM Subject: Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Hye I have some problems with my cache On 25/03/2013 11:06 p.m., John Joseph wrote: > Thanks for the posting. > I was going through the archive to check how to customise mysquid instance. > this  conf settings > cache_swap_low 90 > cache_swap_high 95 > is for older unused cache What do you mean by "older" in the above? Those settings determine how much empty cache space Squid should keep available to cover bursts in new cacheable objects. > What should I do, for keeping or restircitng my cahe_dir for fiexed no of days, ie  more than 'n' nof of days it should not be cached Why would you want to do that? you could end up dropping lots of objects a few minutes or hours before they are needed again, having empty space in the cache is not muh benefit. Amos > thanks > Joseph John > > > > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: Squidblacklist <webmaster_at_squidblacklist.org> > To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org > Cc: > Sent: Friday, 22 March 2013 8:14 PM > Subject: Re: [squid-users] Fwd: Hye I have some problems with my cache > > Also I use this directive in my conf to ensure squid will purge older > unused cache and not run out of disk space > > cache_swap_low 90 > cache_swap_high 95 > > Not sure if you need that, but it works for me. > > > > > On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 07:40:01 -0700 > Squidblacklist <webmaster_at_squidblacklist.org> wrote: > >> You have your cache set to 1024mb in size, this is very small, it is >> no wonder it is filling quickly. I would increase that. >> >> >>