RE: [squid-users] squid 3.2 and error_map equivalent

From: Martin Sperl <Martin.Sperl_at_amdocs.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 08:27:21 +0000

Stupid me - I forgot the following ACLs:
acl error500 http_status 500
http_reply_access deny error500
(but I had removed the deny_info "" error500 component).

And that http_reply_access triggers a reset of the previous ICAP_ERROR and moves it to ACCESS_DENIED instead...
Removing the http_reply_access I get the expected error 500 while retaining the "http_access deny all"

Which in the end means that squid is generating the error pages twice(as seen in the debug log) - once for the ICAP and then for the ACCESS_DENIED on response-delivery.

So this means that using the "deny_info" trick as above essentially makes us lose the info on the icap error - with no means to recover it.

OK, the debug.log shows that ICAP writes a note, but as there are no ACLs that allow for triggering on notes, it does not help either.
Nor is there an ACL that could match on those error fields that we could use instead...

So in the end means I have no means to identify the error with the deny_info, so I am left in a state where I cannot modify the redirect to include the root-cause and modify the page based on that...

Any more ideas, besides a patch to help achieve what I need? I think I now have covered everything that is possible (and learned a lot in that phase) as well...

Martin