Re: [squid-users] problem with live streaming video

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 13:58:42 +1300

On 27/03/2013 11:05 p.m., Rietzler, Markus (RZF, SG 324 /
<RIETZLER_SOFTWARE>) wrote:
> we have a problem with one live-streaming video. The video itself is in a flash player, server is helix.
> The problem is, that at one location the video aborts after 1 or 2 minutes, even the browser hangs, so there is only one way to restart.
>
> Environment: IE 8 with flash player. At the location we are using squid 3.2.7, on a test system 3.2.9.
>
> Strange thing is, that at another location the stream is working perfectly, no aborts. Same squid version (3.2.7).

Different client though?

In 3.2 you can enable "debug_options 11,2" to see the HTTP headers going
through in the cache.log (warning LOT of traffic on busy proxies). That
should give you an idea what is happening differently (if anything).

Amos