Re: [squid-users] Squid-3.3.3 fails to compile..

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 01:41:14 +1300

On 2/04/2013 9:56 p.m., Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> If "--enable-ipf-transparent" is not a firewall type supported by
> FreeBSD, then how do we use IPFilter? I have been using that for as
> long as I can remember. Does that mean 3.3 does not support
> interception via IPFilter as a firewall?

Oh I stand corrected. Sorry, all the documentation I've found about BSD
was talking about their IPFW tools and PF port.

   3.3 still supports all the same firewalls as previous versions.

I just found the problem behind these SUID failures. Please try this
patch when the mirror servers pick it up:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.HEAD/changesets/squid-3-12749.patch

Amos