Re: [squid-users] Squid maintenance on Debian/Ubuntu

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2013 02:52:41 +1300

On 3/04/2013 12:21 a.m., E.S. Rosenberg wrote:
> Hi all,
> Just wondering if anyone knows: has the squid package on Debian/Ubuntu
> become orphaned or is there some other reason that it's still stuck at
> 3.1.20?

Debian have a policy of freezing almost their entire distribution chain
for months on end as they prepare for a new major release. They entered
the freeze for Debian-7 "Wheezy" release stabilization when 3.1.20 was
the current most stable Squid. That process looks like it is coming
close to an end so we should be getting newer packages soonish.

I have not heard from Luigi in a while, but that is not unusual during
freeze.

Amos