Re: [squid-users] HIT and MISS on same URL

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:42:40 +1300

On 5/04/2013 5:13 p.m., Le Trung, Kien wrote:
> yes, I altered mysite.com.
>
> Those requests come from unknown clients. I will test using different
> browser, to see how request headers affective
>
> I read some articles about remove: ETag; here:
> http://mark.koli.ch/2010/09/understanding-the-http-vary-header-and-caching-proxies-squid-etc.html
>
> But no luck for me.
> I'm going to disable Vary options in original server, too

It is not worth playing with these features until you know what the
problem is. Whether there is a problem even.
Fpr example, you would not expect /abc.html to HIT when only /cde.html
is cached. Likewise variants are different object responses to different
requirements. They just happen to share a URL which hides them a ittle
in your logs.

Amos