[squid-users] RE: peer-cache question

From: babajaga <augustus_meyer_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 04:20:48 -0700 (PDT)

Which version of squid are you using ?
squid -v
Also interesting to see the ./configure options.

Do you really need 1/2 parent proxies ? Or do you simply want to split up
the traffic to the two interfaces ?

In case you need parent(s), then I would use 2.
(Although it should also be possible to do everything within just one
parent)
Simply to make the setup "safer". Because you will have to fiddle around
with https-part for quite some time, I guess, so not to touch the other
branch. :-)

Splitting up to two parents can be done using something like

acl google url_regex -i ^https?://.*?google\.com/
cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx parent 3128 0 no-query no-digest
no-netdb-exchange name=default_parent
cache_peer yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy parent 3128 0 no-query no-digest
no-netdb-exchange name=google_parent

cache_peer_access google_parent allow google
cache_peer_access default_parent allow !google

#Not shure, if next ones are necessary. However, sequence of ACL checking is
sometimes a bit strange
#cache_peer_access default_parent deny google
#cache_peer_access google_parent deny !google