Re: [squid-users] squid-internal-mgr not found - cannot login to cachemgr

From: brendan kearney <bpk678_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 16:36:34 -0400

according to "man cachemgr.cgi", the default proxy port is assumed if
no port is specified. if i am mistaken, where would be the
appropriate place to configure the port for the cachemgr?

CONFIGURATION
       Configuration examples for many common web servers can be found
in the Squid FAQ wiki. http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq

       ./cachemgr.conf
       /etc/squid/cachemgr.conf
              The access configuration file defining which Squid
servers may be managed via this cachemgr.cgi program. Each line
specifies a server:port
              followed by an optional description

              The server name may contain shell wildcard characters
such as *, [] etc. A quick selection dropdown menu is automatically
constructed from
              the simple server names.

              Specifying :port is optional. If not specified then the
default proxy port is assumed. :* or :any matches any port on the
target server.