Re: [squid-users] squid code

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:16:01 +1200

On 16/04/2013 6:29 p.m., Saad Ahmed wrote:
> I want to implement my own content filtering module on top of squid in transparent mode

Okay.

What you want is to write an eCAP module which can be loaded by Squid,
or an ICAP service which Squid can relay traffic to. You do not need to
know or touch the Squid code in any way to use these interfaces. Also,
they are common interfaces also available in other proxies than Squid so
your product is not tied to Squid installations.
   http://www.e-cap.org/Documentation
   http://c-icap.sourceforge.net/software.html

Amos