[squid-users] Potential crash issue found

From: Loïc BLOT <loic.blot_at_unix-experience.fr>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 17:50:04 +0200

Hi since my recent upgrade to 3.3.4, squid always have crashes and not
some infinite loop (i think because of 100% CPU load)
i think i have found why my squid crashes under OpenBSD. Squid has 3096
FD limit and system has 256 for daemon class.

When i start squid, sometimes, the previous issue happens, randomly
(15min, 1hour, 3 hours).

When i upgraded to OpenBSD 5.3 i saw the /etc/login.conf ulimit for
daemon class is 256, i increase it to 4096, and it seems there is no
crash/freeze (15h uptime since this modification !).

I think squid must check ulimit -n under UNIX systems which support it
(BSD, Linux) to verify if it's FD limit is over system FD limits.

What do you think about this ?

--
Best regards,
Loïc BLOT,